Friday 11 March 2011

Lost my first £10k pot :(

Played in a £5/10 no limit hold'em game at Dusk Till Dawn (Nottingham) tonight. The game was pretty big with a constant £20 straddle for last 5 hours of game, a regular £40 straddle and sometimes a £80 then £160 straddle!

I got off to a bad start and was down about £1.5k with a bit of a misread bluff....was right on flop and turn but didn't put him on backdoor flush on river!! I rebought for another £2k and worked a bit of a stack back up. Sam Trickett proceeded to sit down to my right....I proceed to get no hands for next 4hours of sam being at the table. He leaves and I work my stack up to a peak of £5.5k and hovering a little bellow that.

The Hand: It's 5 handed at this point with blinds of 5/10/20/40(me)/80 and the small blind is asleep. So we wake him up and he makes it £250 blind (he was stuck quite a bit for the night after running terribly with AA several times) I look down at 2h2d with a £4.9k stack. I raise to £800, everyone folds and he calls and covers his eyes and checks blind lol.....flop 8s8h7h, I bet £800, he looks and moves allin for £4.1k instantly....I do the maths and I'm getting 2:1 and make the call after about 1minute of thinking he has QhTh for ''thank god he doesn't have a pair but crap I only have 40% equity''. Turn Ks, river Qc........sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment